Monday 8 February 2016

CNY 1st day: 08 Feb 2016

08 Feb 2016 (Mon):

Slept at 2am, woke up at 9am...  Happy Lunar New Year! Showered, got dressed for the occasion... 1st stop, breakfast @ Macs.

Quite crowded on the 1st day of CNY.  Seems like Macs was on everyone's agenda for that day.

We visited our cousin who just gave birth a week ago, or was it 2 weeks ago, to her 2nd child. She has an older boy and the kids played while the adults chatted. It was already lunch time before we knew it. Her CL prepared the lunch and asked if we would like to join in. We politely rejected.

We went over to my Grandma's place and we were like couch potatoes there. Thought I would be able to see some of my other relatives but no one turned up.

(We ,7 families in all, used to gather for lunch at my Grandma's place during CNY. And when each daughter or son got married and had kids, the number grewed bigger. Then one year, my Grandma announced she would have to stopped preparing lunch for everyone as the amount of work needed was to tiring for her. From then on, the gathering stopped and lucky enough, you might just see one or two families coming at the same time, otherwise, there were none.)

It was almost 2pm and we still had my mum's place to go. My mum prepared lunch and we ate at least 3 rounds...  Steamboat filled with individual preference of ingredients. My cousins were all there and there were much laughter and gossips.

The only regret. My Grandma (mum's mum) was not around. She passed on last year.




My in laws were going to Adelaide in the evening and we sent them to the airport. After which, we drove all the way to Malacca.

No comments: