Friday 31 January 2014

1st day of CNY 2014 - 31 January 2014

31 January 2014 (Fri):

Gong Hei Fatt Choy! Happy New Year! :)

Having slept for 6 hours, I was up & about upon my mil's knocking at our door. She wanted to visit our uncle (her brother) but not sure if he's in Singapore. He lives in JB, Malaysia & would come into Singapore occasionally. After a phone call, Uncle's not in Singapore but in Muar.

My mother decided to join us for a trip to the Singapore Zoo instead but after knowing the boat ride's fully booked at the River Safari, we went to Jurong Bird Park. We had lunch at IMM. Surprisingly, quite a number of shops were opened, even on the 1st day of CNY.

About 4pm, my mil & the kids showed signs of sleepiness so we decided to head back. I told my mil to have a good rest since they will be leaving for Korea in the evening. Since we would be having dinner at my mum's place, I ran back home to pack some clothings for the kids to change into. The kids slept all the way in the car. Upon reaching my mum's, the kids woke up & asked if they were home yet & wondering why the house looked so different. Haha, not fully awake yet.

We went back to pick my in laws to the airport. 6 people in the family going on a trip & the whole village came to send them. 3 cars awaited at the carpark while they arranged between themselves who to sit in which car & the luggages to go in which car.

To the temple to pray for a good health & luck.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some of the birds we saw.
 
 
Not as awesome as the one at Gardens By The Bay though.
 
 
Steamboat dinner at my mum's.
 
Momo.
 
My aunt & cousins.
 
There were more than 20 of us here, not all were in the photo.

No comments: